The group of study fields:
Field of study program: Rehabilitation
Code of study program: 6531GX027
Type of study program: Undergraduate (college higher education) study programme
Cycle of study program: Professional Bachelor degree programme
Language of study program:
Credits and form of study program: 180 credits, Full- time studies- 3 years.
The program is implemented by the Department of Health Care and Rehabilitation of the Faculty of Medicine.
Qualification to be awarded: Professional Bachelor of Health Sciences, qualification of Physiotherapist.Access to professional activityGraduates of Physiotherapy study programme may work in all levels of health care, social rehabilitation and abilitation, education and training institutions, care and nursing institutions, welness and sport centres and clubs and allowed to have a private business. Physiotherapy studies of the first cycle of Rehabilitation study field (professional Bachelor’s studies) shall be oriented to the preparation of a professional physiotherapist able to perform practical activity:
- providing services of disease and injury prevention, health promotion, treatment, abilitation, rehabilitation, education and social services, to promote social inclusion and improve the quality of life, to follow a holistic approach and the system of knowledge, professional principles and values.
Why choose these studies?
Study environment. The uniqueness of the study program is based on a modular - cyclical study system, applying the elements of problem - based learning. Problem-based learning is learning based on a specific learning technique, during which the individual learning opportunities of each student become apparent. Students work in small groups and analyze selected problems. This learning is characterized by systematic independent cognitive activities - the acquisition of new knowledge and ways of working in solving practical problems. The main advantages of studies: consolidation or improvement of high-quality basic knowledge, teaching of cognitive methods, early involvement of students in clinical practice, cooperation. Students are provided with conditions to combine studies and work
Practice. During their studies, students perform professional practice in various rehabilitation institutions in Utena, Anykščiai, Druskininkai, Birštonas, Vilnius and others.
Experience abroad. Students can go to study and practice in Greece, Cyprus, Latvia and others.
Social activity. Participation in social projects, teaching the public about healthy lifestyle skills, professional mastery competitions, EPHNE activities.
Possibilities for further studies. After completing physiotherapy college study and obtained the Health Sciences professional bachelor's degree, graduates may continue their studies according to university study in the field of health sciences rehabilitation study field study of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, University of Vilnius, University of Klaipėda, Lithuanian Sports University or other fields studies at Mykolas Romeris University, Vytautas Magnus University and other. There is an opportunity to continue studies in foreign higher education institutions.
Employment opportunities. Graduates of the study program work in both the private and public sectors. The employment rate according to the acquired qualification reaches ~ 60%.
Knowledge and ability to apply it. A graduate:
- Development of rehabilitation professions, theories and principles of rehabilitation, physical medicine, physical activity and movement;
- Methods of client or patient testing, assessment and treatment, related to the movement, physical and functional activities in all age groups;
- Basics and ethical principles of applied research methodology, research planning, performance, qualitative and quantitative methods, data collection, storage and analysis;
- Critical assessment of behaviour and communication theories and principles; human rights and national health care and rehabilitation politics, labour organisation, the functioning of organisations, professional communication and collaboration.
- Carry out practice-centred empirical research: collect and systematise information, properly formulate the problem, select and apply both qualitative and quantitative research methods, collect, compile and analyse research data and formulate findings in accordance with the principles of research ethics;
- Apply the research results for solving problems in the field of rehabilitation, developing professional activities, developing health care and rehabilitation innovations.
- Recognise and assess the needs and strengths of a client or patient (group, community), plan, implement and assess the work process and its results, use a variety of methods, build relations of mutual trust, represent clients or patients’ rights and interests;
- Prepare, store and analyse professional documentation;
- Select and apply appropriate personal functional and physical testing techniques, tools and methods;
- Follow the principles of equal opportunities and diversity recognition, values of health care and rehabilitation, ethics and professional responsibility in his/her practical activities;
- Analyse problems related to the person’s psychosocial, cognitive, emotional, physical state and dysfunction;
- Integrate science-based research and practice in the fields of prevention, health promotion, treatment, abilitation and rehabilitation;
- Assess and analyse professional performance, in collaboration with the client or patient, family members;
- Demonstrate principles of professional ethics and conduct.
Social skills. A graduate:
- Interact and cooperate in developing a full-fledged communication relations with the client or patient, group, community and colleagues, as well as work responsibly in a team;
- Express his/her thoughts orally and in writing, communicate in a professional environment in the Lithuanian and foreign language;
- Generate new ideas and adapt to new situations in his/her practical activities;
- Take responsibility for the quality of one’s own activity and that carried out by subordinate employees, in accordance with professional ethics and citizenship;
- Strengthen professional image of rehabilitation field, take care of its value and importance.
Personal abilities. A graduate:
- Critically evaluate one’s own professional practice, knowledge and values, reflect one’s own growth as a professional and continue lifelong learning;
- Make his/her own decisions, assess their impact and act in a determined situation using practical expertise;
- Use information technologies, deal with confidential information;
- Take care of strengthening his/her professional identity and nurture qualities adequate to his/her profession.
||1st semester||2nd semester
|I MODULE. PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT||18|| III MODULE. BASICS OF PRECLINICAL STUDIES
|Communication Psychology and Pedagogy||3||Anatomy, Physiology||6|
|Professional Language||6||General physiotherapy and Functional Diagnostics||6|
|Human Safety and Ergonomics||3||Massage||3|
|Professional Ethics||3||Science of Movements||6|
General Physiotherapy Practice
|II MODULE. BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES||12|
|Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|Alternatively chosen subject. Family Health/ Public Health||3|
|2nd year||3rd semester||4th semester|
|IV MODULE. PHYSIOTHERAPY IN CASES OF INTERNAL DISEASES AND GERIATRICS||15||VI MODULE. PHYSIOTHERAPY IN CASES OF NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES||12|
|Active and Passive Physiotherapy||3||Nervous Disease and Physiotherapy||6|
Pharmacology and Phytotherapy
Alternatively chosen subjects. Aesthetic Phyto and Aromatherapy/ Acupressure
|Fundamentals of Nursing and First Aid||3||
Alternatively chosen subject. Sleep Therapy/ Music and Dance Therapy
|Therapeutic and Geriatric Physiotherapy||6|
|V MODULE. PHYSIOTHERAPY IN CASES OF DISEASES OF LOCOMOTOR APPARATUS||15||VII MODULE. PHYSIOTHERAPY OF MOTHER AND CHILD||18|
|Surgical, Orthopaedic, Traumatological Physiotherapy||6||Obstetrical and Gynaecological Physiotherapy||3|
|Basic of Rehabiliatation
Therapeutic and Geriatric Physiotherapy Practice
Surgical, Orthopaedic, Traumatological Physiotherapy Practice
Neurological Physiotherapy practice
Paediatric Physiotherapy Practice
||5 semester||6 semester|
|VIII MODULE. PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER DESIGNING
||30||IX MODULE. FINAL MODULE||30|
|Special and Gerontological Physiotherapy||6||Special and Gerontological Physiotherapy practice||6|
|Health Law, Business and Career Designing||3||Supervision and Final Professional Practice||15|
|Applied Research, Communication Information and Statistics||6||Final Thesis||9|
Alternatively chosen subject. Basics of Sport Medicine / Basics of SPA Industry
Freely Chosen subjects are selected from the List of Freely Chosen Subjects and Their Descriptions.