Visa and insurance requirements

Students who are not citizens of a European Union Member State must have a visa or a temporary residence permit in order to enter the Republic of Lithuania.

How do I obtain a visa?

Health insurance must conform to such requirements:

  • The insurance must guarantee the payment of emergency medical care services, as they are defined in the Law of Health Care System of the Republic of Lithuania, and expenses that could emerge due to the alien’s return to the foreign country for health-related reasons (transportation, including, the accompanying of health care specialist(s)); and
  • The insurance must be valid for the whole duration of the requested temporary residence permit or for at least one year.

You do not need health insurance if compulsory health insurance contributions will be paid for you.

You may submit the health insurance at your own choosing:

  • By filling out the request via ‘MIGRIS’;
  • Upon arriving at the booked visitation time at the Migration Department in order to submit the original documents and biometric data.

More information