The mission of Electronic Learning Center (ELC) is to execute e-learning development of Utena University of Applied Sciences (Utena UAS) by assuring timely, e-learning-related technological and methodological support to Utena UAS departments, students, lecturers, Lithuanian and foreign companies, institutions, organizations, associations and private individuals.
The purpose of ELC is to organize the provision of efficient and sustainable electronic studies, teaching/learning and related services to Utena UAS employees and students, Lithuanian and foreign companies, institutions, organizations, associations and private individuals.
- to ensure functioning and supervision of Utena UAS e-learning environment;
- to supervise, administer e-learning environments, register users. When registering users, ELC follows the lists of students provided by Department of Studies;
- to initiate the modernization, implementation and development of technological tools necessary for the functioning of the e-learning environment at Utena UAS;
- to advise organizers of Utena UAS projects promoting, expanding and improving the e-learning system at Utena UAS. Initiate preparation of the above mentioned projects;
- to provide administrative, methodological, academic support to Utena UAS departments, lecturers and students in planning, organizing and implementing e-learning for Utena UAS students, for the Eastern Aukštaitija Region and the country society:
- to organize didactic and methodological seminars for e-learning providers - lecturers;
- to provide assistance to lecturers in transferring the subject content to Utena UAS virtual learning environment. The lecturer is responsible for the quality of the content;
- to acquaint the lecturers of Utena UAS with the criteria according to which the study subject can be recognized as appropriate for e-learning, to explain the content of the above criteria;
- to organize procedures for recognition of subjects suitable for e-learning, accreditation
- to assist and advise Utena UAS departments in organizing conferences and seminars, inviting experts to deliver lectures by videoconference;
- to provide Utena UAS management, heads of departments, lecturers with information on the means of e-learning competence development - organized seminars, conferences, trainings, courses, etc.;
- to acquaint Utena UAS management, lecturers with the prevailing methods, tools and trends of the use of e-learning in Europe and in the world;
- to perform research on the organization, didactics and use of technologies in e-learning;
- to cooperate with Utena UAS faculties and other Utena UAS structural and functional subdivisions, Lithuanian and foreign institutions and associations;
- to organize the publishing of the scientific journal “Insights”;
- to carry out the tasks of Utena UAS management related to ELC purpose and functions;
- to execute other activities related to the functions of ELC staff.
Utena University of Applied Sciences uses e-learning tools:
- virtual learning environment Moodle;
- video conference system BigBlueButton;
- video conference system Zoom..
|Head of EMC||
dr. Jūratė Urbonienė
el. paštas email@example.com
|IT engineers||Mantas Mikulėnas|